Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ganpati Bappa Morya !!!


The crowd was thicker than any I had ever seen, the air was filled with a smoky red haze, and the sharp impact of high-velocity drumming echoed off the surrounding buildings. A brass band on another street corner added to the soundscape; hundreds of bright red people and red air flowed around me in all directions. Hurriedly I tired to keep my glasses intact and oh boy there ...They just fell and hit the ground ..And there I woke up ..Wow wat a start to the day . Oh how I miss all this . Nevertheless my belief and faith in Lord Ganesha kept me motivated to perform the puja at home. This was my first year away from home , first year to manage all the decoration ,rituals etc all by myself. Dear hubby was zapped with my high spirits , so zapped that he didn't utter a word till we reached home..However he helped me organize everything. Here is a view of the festive at home , my very own home at Bloomington,IL.

No comments: